EBAM Institute (“Evidence-based Accent Management”) was Founded in 2010 as a global platform to develop research and enable the evidence-based practice, clinical training, and service delivery to manage communication barriers and create infusion of diversity across various industries.
Dr. amee shah is a founding member and ceo of the organization, which includes an advisory board made of speech pathology clinicians, speech scientists, Diversity, EQUITY, and Inclusion experts, and hospital administrators, and psychologists.
the primary goal of the organization is to serve as a hub to bring together experts interested in serving culturally- and linguistically-diverse clients in an ethical and socially-responsive manner, keeping up with the latest science and understanding.
some of the outcomes of ebam institute have been:
1) CAAI Assessment framework
2) caai assessment battery
3) screening measure for accent management
4) needs assessment screener
5) pre-assessments by participants
6) pre-assessments by supervisors
7) police training for linguistic profiling awareness and reduction
8) accent listening training (FOREIGN ACCENT PERCEPTION AND SENSITIVITY TRAINING (TM))
9) Train the trainer program for accent assessment